Changes and Additions
- Bear Rage mechanics overhauled
- Now, when the Bear first enters “Rage”, they will stop and roar, before rolling into a ball very quickly towards their target.
- A Bear in “Rage” can now kill players who aren’t their target. If you see them entering a rage, get out of the way!
- Bears now also Rage to switch targets if a player has been chased for too long.
- Slammers in Crystal Cargo now destroy rocks.
- Added “Bear Devils” modifier
- Removes lives, adds new score metre above player UI.
- Players gain points for being within range of the bear (indicated by visual ring).
- First to reach the configured score wins!
- Powerups no longer spawn if powerups and the Deadly Meteors modifier are all turned off.
- New Bear Count Modifier that allows you to control the number of bears that will spawn in a game of Hunt.
- Player lives now count player deaths instead, meaning the game is more robust and predictable when changing the Player Lives modifier.
- Raging Bears now slow down immediately if they have reached their target.
- Cybear Grabbers/Pokers arm damage areas are now more accurately represented by their visuals, especially as they’re extending.
- Green Cybears now stop their charge if they hit a wall, instead of bouncing from it.
- Green Cybears now have a slightly increased delay before charging.
- Grid Lane no longer disables all barriers once a single player has reached the end of the lane.
- Players can now Blink past Slammers.
- Removed the laser walls from the hard variant of the Grid Lane.
- Procedural Gauntlet levels will no longer create darkness in a lane if the lane splits the players up.
- Added visual ring indicator for range of Thrill Seeker and Bear Devils modifiers.
- Changed text of “SSAO” setting in video options to “Ambient Occlusion”.
- Changed text of “HDR” setting in video options to “Bloom”.
- Changed text of “End Game” in post-game menu to “Title Menu”.
- Significant CPU performance improvements (much less hitching, and a generally higher frame rate for those who are not GPU bound).
- Significant game size reduction (approximately 20% smaller).
- Finalised art for Frozen Fjord.
- Different bears now have a more consistent red glow, primarily to make them more clearly visible in Gloomy Grave.
- Improved rain visuals in Gloomy Grave.
- Bears now visually face into their turns.
- Added crushed crystals onto the conveyor belt in Crystal Cargo.
- Added overheat and drilling effects to the drills in Crystal Cargo.
- Increased the distance certain props extend to on the edges of Crystal Cargo so you can’t see them disappear when the camera zooms out.
- Added a new tunnel type to Crystal Cargo for the trains that move through them, rather than underground.
- Stopped the train from emitting smoke while it moves through tunnels.
- Added particle effects and movement to the Grinders in Harvest Hell.
- Added a particle effect reaction to Oil Slick powerup when a player moves through it.
- A complete overhaul of Gauntlet’s environment art is now at play. What does this mean? We've finished modelling all the different lanes and shapes we'll be using. Now that we’ve got these models in place, we can start to do more with changing their look up throughout and between the different Gauntlet levels through special textures and shaders.
- Iced lanes in gauntlet now look like a thin layer of ice over their original materials, rather than replacing them with a complete icy look as we did before.
- Gauntlet trains now have a fresh new look
- They also have warning indicators preceding them. This is especially helpful where their paths were once erratic and unpredictable.
- Cybear Chargers/Dashers (The green ones!) have a new finalised look. These bad bears have done away with their need for legs, charging forward on a spiky ball using their back mounted rockets.
- They also have a new suite of animations for their new abilities, and come stocked with new warning indicators to make their movements more predictable.
- Improved Gauntlet Slammers, with a new style to match new Gauntlet art, which includes new art to indicate the Slammer’s movement area.
- Improved appearance and performance of laser beams.
- The visual indicator of your progress in the Gauntlet lanes where you must complete a circle to progress has been smoothed out.
- Survive Lane timer display should now correctly show elapsed time.
- Re-added the Payload Lane to Cybear Labs.
- Improved the look of all disabled Cybears.
- New screen border effects:
- A border flash when any player dies
- A border when all players are dead and all lives are depleted.
- Added missing floor underneath Procedural Gauntlet levels.
- Level names now appear in front of their icons in level selection.
- Improved rendering of UI to improve its clarity, particularly at lower resolutions.
- Updated Hunt level selection icons to represent their new art.
- Oil now correctly applies to players or Bears that are running immediately behind you.
- Fixed a bug that caused the bear to spawn inside a wall on Crystal Cargo.
- Fixed the collisions in some levels, as they allowed players and bears to leave the level in some extreme situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused Snake Rocks to stay in the level and not destroy themselves if their owner disconnected.
- Fixed performance drop when modifying player lives count while game is running.
- Fixed a bug with the Oil Spill modifier that caused a player to always appear oily when they weren’t.
- Fixed a frame-rate hitch when digging rocks on Panda Peak.
- Blink ability no longer allows a player to teleport out of the level, or through walls.
- Stopped Green Cybears from jittering on the spot when stationary.
- Green Cybears no longer get stuck sliding against walls.
- Fixed slammers initially being stuck in the middle of a lane.
- Fixed issues with the “Payload” lane type, so we’ve added it back into the game!
- Fixed error loop when disconnecting from Gauntlet while your Time Bubble is active.
- Fixed error loop when disconnecting from Gauntlet while players are inside of a mid-lane checkpoint.
- Fixed some lanes and checkpoints that were slippery when they shouldn’t be and vice versa.
- Fixed slammers that were stuck in the walls.
- Fixed bug that caused Cybears to be pushed by Slammers instead of killed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Cybears to be killed by walking into the side of a Slammer.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be killed by a slammer if they were previously pushed up against the side of the slammer.
- The split lane in Gauntlet that forces players apart can now no longer be a dark Firefly lane in Procedural if there’s more than one player.
- Lane tips will no longer appear in procedural Gauntlet levels.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to behave erratically if a player backed out of the player selection menu in some certain situations.
- Gauntlet will no longer hint for you to revive other players if you are the only player.
- Stopped Gauntlet respawn prompt from showing buttons to press from devices that players aren’t using.
- Correctly removed Oil effects from players that disconnect while Oil Spill modifier is enabled.
- Fixed some incorrect visuals and colours when in the Pause Menu.
BEARZERKERS_0.7.0_Win32.zip 382 MB
Version 0.7.0 Apr 09, 2018
BEARZERKERS_0.7.0_Win64.zip 384 MB
Version 0.7.0 Apr 09, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.