Update 1: Post Release Fixes!
First off, a huge thanks from the team to all of you who have been playing HOT PINK so far. It’s great to see y’all enjoying it and even giving us a run at our high scores. It’s been nearly a week now, and we’ve been working since launch on some fixes.
Please keep sharing your thoughts as you play, positive or negative as it’s all been very helpful! We’ll post a follow-up after these patch notes soon going over some of our thoughts on plans for post release plans for HOT PINK.
Changes and Additions
- In-Game Spicy/Mild/Cool Challenges no longer have their Reward value multiplied by your Combo metre.
- Other score rewards for various block breaks, point pickups and the combo multiplier have been altered to make up for the difference.
- This should result in a more consistent, skill based final score rather than getting lucky on high value challenges completing at the right time.
- As this change should be simply leveling the skill/luck output for your final score, we are not resetting the leaderboard for this change.
- Blocks will no longer be able to take any damage if they have not yet entered the gameplay space.
- Added an automatic FPS lock for the game while in menus (60fps) and while the game window is not in focus (15fps). The framerate while playing remains uncapped.
- This will make HOT PINK a lot more reasonable to leave running in the background without stealing all your computer’s stuff.
- Improved Ball/Block hit detection and bounce direction consistency.
- Stopped rare instances of the camera drifting away from the gameplay space.
- “Magician” Challenge/Achievement now triggers for the correct number of balls.
- Fixed Settings not being saved on Linux and OSX.
- Stopped the Scoreboard from sometimes being offset vertically when you load it in the Stats menu.
- Put a stop to some cases of your new Highscore not being reflected immediately in the Scoreboard in the post game UI.
- Percentage completed on Challenges in the Stats menu should now reflect your progress and not just rest at 0% until completion
- Players on Steam will now also see this reflected in the progress towards Steam achievements for these Challenges.
- Playing on Steam will no longer reset your scoreboard name to your Steam name every time you start the game.
- To fix this properly, the next time you complete a game you will be asked again to enter your desired name for the scoreboard.
- Stopped the Scoreboard from duplicating the last player within the viewable positions.
- “Play Game” text prompts will now properly cycle after each new game.
Get HOT PINK
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.